Capcom Reveals Details for Agent Hunt Mode in Resident Evil 6
Last week at a press event in Japan, Capcom revealed two new things about its upcoming game Resident Evil 6. First, Ada Wong will be a playable character. She will have her own solo story without a co-op partner. Players playing as Leon or Chris or the other guy may also run into players controlling Ada. The second thing they revealed was Agent Hunt mode.
In Agent Hunt mode, players will be able to jump into the game of another player and take control of the infected and attempt to hinder the host players’ progress through the campaign, similar to what Mindjack tried to do. On Friday, Capcom revealed some more details about Agent Hunt mode.
- Complete the main campaigns for either Leon, Chris or Jake to then unlock the Agent Hunt stages for each of those respective campaigns.
- When creating a Resident Evil 6 gameplay session a player has the option to allow/not allow Agent Hunt.
- When a hunter searches for a session to join they will see whether or not other players from around the world want to allow hunters into their game.
- The hunter then picks another player’s session to join and jumps into that session (please note only certain stages will be available for Agent Hunt sessions).
- The agent side can be either a single human player with an AI partner, or two human players in co-op mode. Up to two separate hunters can join an Agent Hunt session. When a hunter dies they respawn in the same session as a different random enemy from that area.
- If the hunter eliminates the agent then they will be taken to a ‘hunt successful’ results screen where they can join another session if they wish.
- If the agent is eliminated then their game session will end exactly as if they had been playing a standard game session with CPU enemies.
- If the hunter quits the session then the agent’s game continues as normal with all AI enemies.
I don’t this feature was all that popular when Mindjack did it, but maybe Resident Evil can pull it off. RE6 will be available on PS3 and Xbox 360 October 2nd and PC at a to be announced date.